The Hana Lima Scholarship Program (HLSP) provides financial assistance to students participating in a vocational or technical education program for occupations that can provide a “living wage.” This scholarship is available to students in vocational programs that lead to a specific segment of employment. This scholarship gives financial assistance toward tuition and fees, books and other required tools or uniforms for a vocational program. Students pursuing a major in Liberal Arts or are taking only pre-requisite courses are encouraged to select a major of study in order to qualify for additional services.
As an applicant, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be of Native Hawaiian Ancestry
- Be a resident of the State of Hawai‘i
- Received a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Not currently receiving any Kamehameha Schools financial aid for post-secondary education
- Maintain a 2.0 or higher grade point average (GPA)
- Be enrolled at least half time in a vocational degree (AA or AS – Associates Degree) or certification program in one of the approved educational institutions in Hawai‘i listed on the application.
- [NEW FOR 2018-2019] Be a non-traditional student: Single parent, sole-income provider, previously incarcerated, ward of the court, houseless/homeless, or someone with a disability (meets ADA definition).
Be a dependent of a parent who is a part of a non-traditional household: parent is a single parent, sole-income provider, previously incarcerated, houseless/homeless or someone with a disability.
- Students with special circumstances, such as extended separation from school or unpaid probationary apprenticeship training, should also inquire with the program.
- We DO NOT assist with Baccalaureate, Graduate, or Professional Degrees
Priority of student selection
- Non-traditional students in vocational programs and majors in fields with anticipated high growth
- Traditional students in vocational programs and majors in fields with anticipated high growth
- Please Note: The maximum times an applicant may receive the Hana Lima Scholarship is twice during the course of their lifetime
2018-2019 Academic Year
Click Below to Begin
Completed applications should be mailed or hand delivered to the following address:
ALU LIKE, Inc.
Hana Lima Scholarship Program
2969 Māpunapuna Place, Suite 200
Honolulu, HI 96819
Hand delivered applications must be submitted during normal business hours
Mailed applications with inadequate postage will be returned to sender
E-mail or fax applications will not be accepted
Applications accepted ongoing throughout the academic year and based on available funding
List of Approved Educational Institutions
Aloha School of Massage Therapy
Applied Computer Training & Technology, Inc.
Caregiver Training School
Dev League, LLC
Fernando’s CDL Services
Gros Bonnet Culinary Academy, LLC
H2K Driver Training Services, LLC
Hawai‘i Affordable Trucking School, LLC
Hawai‘i Cosmetology Academy
Hawai‘i Dental Assisting Academy, LLC
Hawai‘i Healing Arts College
Hawai‘i Institute of Hair Design
Hawai‘i Institute of Healthcare & Training Services
Hawai‘i Massage Academy
Hawai‘i Medical College
Hawai‘i Medical Training Center, Inc.
Hawai‘i School of Dental Arts, LLC
Hawai‘i School of Professional Massage
Healthcare Training & Career Consultants, Inc.
Honolulu Nail Academy, LLC
IBS School of Cosmetology and Massage
Island CPR, LLC
Ka Pa Lomi Ola, LLC
Kapolei Massage Institute, LLC
Kaua‘i Nurse Aide Training Center
La‘i‘Ōpua Lapa‘au Health Academy
Makana Esthetics Wellness Academy, LLC
Maritime License Center, Inc.
Maui Academy of Healing Arts
Maui School of Therapeutic Massage
Med Assist School of Hawai‘i, Inc.
Mid Pacific Medical Training Institute, LLC
Paul Mitchell The School, LLC
Professional Healthcare Educators
Quantum School of Holistic Health
Ricky T’s CDL Services, Inc.
Solar Training Institute, Inc.
The Skin Institute Internationalé LLC
UH – Hawai‘i Community College – Hilo
UH – Hawai‘i Community College – Pālamanui
UH – Hilo – North Hawai‘i Education and Research Center (NHERC)
UH – Honolulu Community College
UH – Kapi‘olani Community College
UH – Kaua‘i Community College
UH – Leeward Community College
UH – Maui College
UH – Windward Community College
West Kaua‘i Nurse Aide Training Program
West O‘ahu Wellness and Massage Education Center
Windward Therapeutic Massage Center
Vocational and Technical Programs*
Administration of Justice
Auto Body Repair & Painting
Automotive Mechanic Technician
CDL – Commercial Driver’s License
Certified Nurses Assistant
Electrical Installation and Maintenance Technology
Exercise and Sport Science
Fire & Environmental Emergency Response
Health Information Technology
Mobile Intensive Care Technician
Occupational & Environment Safety Management
Professional Medical Coding
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
Small Vessel Fabrication and Repair
Welding & Industrial Mechanic
*Include but are not limited to the programs listed above
Hana Lima Scholarship Program (HLSP)
ALU LIKE, Inc., Kā Ipu Kā‘eo Department
Telephone: (808) 535-6700 | Email: HanaLima@alulike.org