The National Board Certification Scholarship through ALU LIKE, Inc. is a competitive assistance program that provides funding for qualified educators at D.O.E. and public charter schools in Hawai‘i.
Click Below to Begin
POSTMARK DEADLINE: TBA
Completed applications should be mailed or hand delivered to the following address:
ALU LIKE, Inc.
Hand delivered applications must be submitted during normal business hours
The ideal applicant meets one or more of the following:
- a Native Hawaiian educator and/or
- teaching in a school with a high percentage of Native Hawaiian students and/or
- has completed candidate preparation coursework (Jump Start Seminar / National Board Field Test)
“I absolutely benefitted from the assistance from Alu Like, Inc. By having the financial burden lifted it really allowed me to focus on my National Board requirements. I will always be grateful for the assistance.”
– Celeste Katayama, Ahuimanu Elementary
“It’s been helpful to go through this process with other teachers at my school. We helped each other with questions, tips, and keeping each other motivated and on track. Another insight is do not procrastinate uploading documents to your electronic portfolio.”
– Tara Bagoyo, Ho‘okele Elementary
Funding made possible by the gracious contributions of Kamehameha Schools